Stollen Christmas cake with rum, almonds and raisins
Christmas stollen is a treat that belongs in the Christmas season. It is refined with rum and raisins and thus offers a great taste experience.
- 600 g wheat flour
- 40 g yeast
- 200 ml milk
- 300 g butter
- lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- rum, cognac / apple juice, orange juice
- 150 g raisins
- 50 g Almonds
- 700 g lemon peel
- 50 g orange peel
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tsp stollen spice
- icing sugar, for dusting
Prepare the filling
- Soak the raisins in the rum overnight.
- Chop the nuts.
- Mix the raisins, candied lemon peel, orange peel, almonds and sugar with the Stollen spice in a bowl.
Prepare the dough
- Heat the milk, dissolve the yeast in it and Leave to swell for 15 minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon zest, salt and flour to the yeast and knead the dough well.
- Mix in the fruit mixture and let the dough rise for about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface.
- Press apart to form an oval, fold one long side over to the middle and shape into a stollen.
- Place the stollen on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180 degrees for 60 minutes.
- After baking, immediately brush with melted butter.
- Icing sugar on top Sieve and let cool.
- Before cutting, dust the stollen thickly with icing sugar.
Instead of rum you can use apple juice for the fruit mixture. Stollen spice contains vanilla pod, cinnamon, anise, coriander, cloves, allspice and cardamom.
- kitchen brush