Steamed Russian dumplings manti with pumpkin and onions
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Juicy and deliciously fragrant with pumpkin filling are simply flavorful and deliciously delicious. The addition of fried onions and garlic and spices gives the dumplings an amazing taste.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 egg
- 250 g water
- 500 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- approx.1-1.2 kg pumpkin
- 2-3 onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- Zira cumin, to taste
- nigella, black cumin, to taste
- oil, for greasing
- kitchen scale
- rolling pin
- mixing spoon
- cutting board
- Knead a dough from flour, water, egg and salt.
- Let the dough rest covered for 15 minutes.
- Fry the finely chopped onions and garlic in a hot pan.
- Peel the pumpkin, deseed and cut into cubes.
- Add the pumpkin with garlic and salt to the onion.
- Season with cumin and black cumin.
- Let the vegetables simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Preheat the steamer with plenty of water.
- The shelves Grease with vegetable oil.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Make 3 sausage rolls out of the dough and cut the rolls into pieces.
- Press them into circles and thin them out on a floured work surface Roll out into an even circle.
- Put a tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture on each circle.
- Connect the edges over the filling and pinch the middle.
- Now turn the mant 90 degrees and pinch from both sides so that the dough completely covers the filling covered.
- The opposite Connect the corners in pairs.
- Place the manti in the greased trays.
- Steam the dumplings for 45-50 minutes under the closed lid.
Manti with pumpkin taste great with adjika or sour cream sauce with fresh herbs.