Steamed cod with vegetables, coconut milk and herbs
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
This recipe is for everyone who likes to eat fish. Steamed with tomatoes, onions, peppers, coconut milk and tomato paste is particularly tasty and juicy. A great combination for lunch.
Please review recipe:
- 350-400 g cherry tomatoes, or regular tomatoes
- 1 onion
- ½ pepper
- 700-800 g cod fillet
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120-150 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Herbs, to taste
- 60-70 ml sour cream, optional
- Peel all vegetables.
- Cut tomatoes in halves.
- Onion into half rings or quarter rings, chop garlic.
- Chop peppers into strips and cod into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the coconut milk, tomato paste and, if desired, sour cream.
- Stir and sauté for a further 3 minutes .
- Add the cod pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook under a lid for about 15 minutes.
- Halfway through, gently turn the fish.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the chopped herbs .
- Serve the finished cod immediately.
If vine tomatoes or romaine tomatoes are used, these are best cut into small pieces.
- cutting board
- frying pan