Spooky ghost cookies with icing for Halloween party
Creepy ghosts enrich every Halloween buffet. The crispy ones are made from shortcrust pastry and decorated with a white icing. They get a creepy face with a sugar stick or liquid chocolate.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water, hot
- black sugar stick , or chocolate, to decorate
Knead the shortcrust pastry
- Knead a shortcrust pastry from soft butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a ghost shape to cut out the dough .
- Place the Halloween biscuits on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven at 200 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until golden.
Mix the icing
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl.
- The add hot water and mix with hand mixer until smooth icing.
- Drift the icing on the cooled ghost biscuits.
- Decorate the ghost face with black sugar stick and leave to set.
- hand mixer
- Halloween cutter
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- kitchen brush