Spooky banana cake with cobwebs for Halloween
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Trick or treat? The spookiest time of the year is also a wonderful opportunity to bake a Halloween spider web banana cake. This cute Blackberry Spider on Marshmallow Web is sure to taste awfully good.
Please review recipe:
- 300 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml oil, eg rapeseed oil
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 4 bananas, medium
- 50 g maca powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 20 g marshmallows, for topping
- 80 g blackberries, for topping
- 1 tbsp chocolate ,liquid for topping
- Sieve the flour, mix in the baking powder and maca powder in a bowl.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, oil and buttermilk well in a mixer.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Stir the banana mixture into the buttermilk mixture.
- Stir in the flour mixture briefly.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and fill in the batter.
- Bake the banana cake at 180 °C top/bottom heat for approx. 50 minutes.
- Then turn the oven temperature down to 150 °C and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the finished banana cake cool down.
- Then take it out of the tin.
- For the topping, lightly melt the marshmallows.
- Strike the cake in threads with a fork, they should look like cobwebs.
- Pull the blackberries and place them on the cobwebs at intervals.
- The blackberries with melted chocolate as spiders Decorate.
- Serve the banana cake at a Halloween buffet.
- Hand mixer
- Mixing beaker
- Square baking dish