Spicy tomato soup with buckwheat, vegetables, chili and garlic
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
The spicy paprika aroma, the spiciness of chili and the subtle touch of basil and garlic give this simple tomato soup a wonderful taste. An atypical one with buckwheat that is worth preparing.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 onion, large
- 1 clove of garlic, small
- 1 chili pepper
- 1¹⁄₂ kg tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 30 g basil, fresh
- 500 ml vegetable stock, or water
- 200 g buckwheat
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Peel the vegetables and cut into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onion in it for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and chili, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Tomatoes, peppers and half of the add chopped basil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return the heat and pour in the broth or water.
- Add the washed buckwheat and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook the soup Simmer under a lid for about 20-25 minutes until the grits are cooked.
- Sprinkle in the chopped basil.
- Season the tomato soup with salt and black pepper before serving.
If desired, tomatoes can be pureed with an immersion blender.