Spicy shish kebab fish skewers in yoghurt-ginger marinade
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 20 minutes
The production is simple. But that’s the main actor here! She makes the fish incredibly tasty and flavorful. They can also be expanded with vegetables such as zucchini and/or peppers. The result is a wholesome meal on a skewer! And a fresh salad always goes well with the barbecue anyway.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 lemon
- 1 piece of ginger, approx. 3 cm
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 sprigs of mint
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt, unsweetened
- 500 g fish fillets
- Zucchini, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- citrus press
- cutting board
- hand blender
- bbq skewers
- Grate the lemon with a fine grater.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice using the citrus press.
- Cut the ginger into small cubes.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Zest the lemon, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, mint, garlic and chilli with a hand blender chop.
- Add yoghurt to this mixture and stir.
- Rinse the fish fillets under running water, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl with the marinade and stir until all the fish pieces are evenly coated in the marinade.
- Drag the individual pieces of fish onto skewers.
- You can cut zucchini and/or peppers into pieces if you like and also skewer them alternately, for example.
- Grill the fish skewers for a few minutes on each side so that they are well browned.
If you use wooden skewers, you should soak them in water for about 15-20 minutes beforehand.