Spicy rice porridge with pumpkin and ginger for breakfast
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
The classic combination of rice and pumpkin gets a new flavor with the addition of a little ginger. This congee is great to make for breakfast or serve as an accompaniment to a variety of dishes.
Please review recipe:
- 150-180 g pumpkin
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 220 g rice, washed
- Salt, to taste
- 1400 ml water, or vegetable broth
- Black pepper, to taste, optional
- pumpkin seeds, to taste taste, optional
- chives, to taste, optional
- coriander, to taste, optional
- Cut the pumpkin into small to medium-sized pieces.
- Put the washed rice, pumpkin and ginger in a saucepan.
- Season with salt and add water.
- Approx. Simmer on low for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Remove the finished porridge from the heat.
- If desired, sprinkle some ground pepper, pumpkin seeds, chopped chives and coriander over the rice porridge.
- cutting board