Spicy pumpkin liqueur with rum, cinnamon and vanilla
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 30315 minutes
The homemade pumpkin liqueur with cinnamon and vanilla is spicy and warms you up from the inside. It is a great addition to any dessert or coffee.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 500 g pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 500 ml water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 500 ml rum
- mixing spoon
- canning bottles
For the pumpkin puree
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into large pieces.
- Bake the pumpkin in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Pure the pumpkin with a hand blender.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Scrape out the pulp from a vanilla bean.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon sticks, vanilla pulp and vanilla bean.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the pulp through a sieve, add the rum, stir well and leave to cool.
- Pour the liqueur into clean bottles and seal them.
- Leave the pumpkin liqueur to steep in a cool, dark place for at least three weeks.