Spicy pickled pears in white wine vinegar, pepper and cinnamon
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 193 minutes
Spicy pickled pears in white wine vinegar, powdered sugar, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves is a perfect balance of light sweetness and a pleasant acidity. The fruit can be added to salads or served as an appetizer.
Please review recipe:
- 300 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 ml water
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 4-6 black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2-4 cloves
- 3 pears
- Mix the white wine vinegar with the water, powdered sugar, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat after 1 minute.
- Cut the pears into narrow wedges and place in the hot Pour marinade.
- Pour into mason jars and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate pickled pears for 3-4 hours or more.
- cutting board