Spicy liver cake with cheese and walnuts
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 240 minutes
Spicy liver cake with cheese and walnuts is a wonderful idea for any occasion. Tasty, soft and delicate, this savory cake can be served both as a snack and as an appetizer. They perfectly complement the cheese filling with chopped nuts and mayonnaise. A dough is prepared from liver, milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and pancakes are baked from it. Arranged on top of each other on a plate, spread with mayonnaise and sprinkled with cheese and walnuts, the liver cake only needs to set in the fridge for a few hours.
Please review recipe:
- 400g chicken liver
- 130ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, + some for brushing
- 150g cheese
- 70-80 g walnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150-170 g mayonnaise
- Herbs, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the liver, milk, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Purease with an immersion blender.
- Add a spoonful of oil, mix well.
- Grip the skillet lightly, heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry the liver pancakes on both sides until crispy.
- Let them cool.
- Grate the cheese finely or coarsely.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Place the liver pancakes on a plate.
- With the mayonnaise spread with cheese and nuts.
- Place more pancakes on top, repeat steps.
- Prepare whole cake in this way.
- Spread mayonnaise on outside of cake.
- Then sprinkle with chopped herbs, decorate with nuts.
- Place the liver cake in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours and then serve.
- hand blender
- frying pan
- cutting board