Spicy fish cake with rice and eggs
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
An airy, soft dough with sour cream and mayonnaise harmonises wonderfully with the hearty filling. Canned fish, sautéed onions, rice, and chopped eggs make a filling, hearty, and flavorful mix. Spicy fish cake with rice and eggs will surely delight everyone.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 100 g rice
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 onions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g fish, canned
- Herbs, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 120 g sour cream
- 200 g flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, + something for brushing
- cutting board
- baking dish
- Prepare the filling
- Put the rice in a saucepan, depending on the type, prepare until it is soft.
- Boil the eggs hard in another saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and chop finely.
- Oven at 180°C upper / Preheat bottom heat.
- Peel the onions and chop.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onions in it until they are brown.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Chop the herbs.
- Liquid from the canned fish drain, mash with a fork.
- Mix the eggs, onions, rice, fish, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare the dough
- Whisk the eggs, salt, sugar, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl.
- Flour Sift and add to the mixture.
- Mix well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil, mix again.
- Grip the oil in the baking tin and pour in half the batter.
- Spread the filling on top.
- Pour the remaining batter over the filling.
- Fishcakes in a preheated oven at 180°C et Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Canned fish in oil or their own juice can be used according to taste.