Spicy carrot soup with mango, ginger, garlic and coconut milk
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
A warming and creamy soup made from coconut milk and aromatic spices. This tasty and spicy cream soup is complemented with tropical fruits and fine vegetables. An unusual combination of the individual ingredients ensures an unforgettable taste experience.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g ginger
- 5-6 carrots
- 1 mango
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- cutting board
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes.
- Chop the ginger finely on a cutting board.
- Peel and coarsely dice the carrots and mango.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Onion and garlic for 1-2 Sauté for minutes.
- Add the ginger, carrots and half the mango to the saucepan, stir and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the broth into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes .
- When the carrots are soft, add the coconut milk and the remaining mango to the pot and puree the soup with a hand blender.
- Season the creamy soup with spices and salt, bring to the boil and remove from the heat.