Spicy beetroot salad with carrots and peppers
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
Boiled beetroot with carrots tastes delicious, especially in winter. It can be served as a salad with meat, potatoes or fish. With hot peppers and garlic, it’s a savory one that’s boiled down in tomato sauce.
Please review recipe:
- 500 g paprika
- 1 pepperoni
- 800 ml tomato juice
- 1 kg beetroot
- 1 kg carrots
- 125 ml oil
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 125 ml vinegar, 9%
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and hot peppers and chop in a food processor.
- Pour the tomato juice into a saucepan and combine with the pepper mixture.
- Bring the tomato sauce to a boil.
- Let cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes.
- Grate the beets and carrots on a Korean or regular large carrot grater.
- Add the oil, sugar, salt and vinegar to the tomato sauce.
- Stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the beets and carrots to the saucepan and mix well.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the salad into clean jars and seal tightly.
- Once cool, add the red Store beets lettuce in a dark and cool place.
- food processor
- mixing spoon
- nutritional facts for 1 port