Spicy aubergine spread with tomatoes, onions and peppers
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
The aubergine spread is prepared with tomatoes, onions and garlic. The pepper gives it a pleasant spiciness and is delicately refined with coriander.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 1 kg aubergines
- 1 tbsp salt, for the aubergines
- 1 tsp salt, for frying
- 300 g tomatoes
- 400 g onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¹⁄₂ tsp peppers
- ¹⁄₂ tsp coriander , ground
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp 9% vinegar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- Peel and dice the aubergines.
- Pour cold water into a large bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of salt.
- Place the aubergines in the salted water.
- Cover with a plate and let sit for 30 minutes.
- To skin make cross-shaped incisions in the tomatoes.
- Then place in boiling water for 1 minute and rinse in cold water.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes with a knife.
- Chop the tomato flesh into small pieces.
- Onions, garlic and peppers finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry the garlic briefly.
- Add the onion and sauté until golden.
- Remove the aubergines from the salted water and place on kitchen towels.
- Then in the same pan and sauté briefly over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pepperoni, a teaspoon of salt and the coriander and stir.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- D Simmer the vegetables for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and vinegar.
- Cook a few more minutes, until the vegetables become very soft.
- If desired, use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables to desired consistency.
- Then simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the spread into sterilized mason jars.
- Seal with lids, invert and cover.
- Once the jars have cooled, set the eggplant spread in a cool place.
- vegetable peeler
- frying pan