Spicy aubergine salad in a glass with chili, tomatoes and garlic
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
in the glass taste piquant and are very tasty. The aubergines are pickled with peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chili and vinegar and can be served at any time in winter, whether as a salad or as an accompaniment to meat.
Please review recipe:
- 2 kg aubergines
- 2½ tbsp salt
- 5 peppers
- 1-1½ chili peppers
- 5 tomatoes
- 2-3 heads of garlic
- 80-100 g sugar
- 75 ml 9% vinegar
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- cutting board
- food processor
- Cut the aubergines into round slices about an inch thick.
- Place in a bowl, add a tablespoon and a half of salt, mix and leave for 30 minutes.
- De-seed the peppers and chop the peppers into rough chunks.
- Remove the stalks of the chili peppers, halve the pods lengthwise and remove the seeds from the halves with a knife.
- Cut the chili halves into fine, small cubes.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes, remove the stalks.
- All together Crush with the garlic in a food processor.
- Add the salt, sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil to the resulting mixture.
- Rinse the eggplants under running water and squeeze them lightly.
- Place in a pan and add the chopped vegetable mixture.
- All stir well and set over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour the hot aubergine salad into sterilized jars and seal with lids. Turn, cover and leave to cool.
- Serve the pickled aubergines chilled as a side dish or as a salad with the meat.