Spanish fish soup with seafood, onions and tomatoes
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
It contains all the indispensable ingredients of Spanish cuisine: olive oil, garlic, aromatic wine and seafood. The spicy tomato base creates a unique, rich flavor.
Please review recipe:
- 1-2 pinches of saffron threads
- 1½ l fish stock
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 650 g tomatoes
- 400 g white fish fillet
- 180 g squid
- 250 g prawns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Herbs, to taste
- Soak the saffron in the broth for 10 minutes.
- Half and finely dice the onion.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Remove the seeds from the chili and finely chop the pod.
- Cut the tomatoes into equal slices .
- Cut the fish fillet into approx. 3 cm pieces and the squid into 2 cm pieces.
- Peel the prawns or use those that have already been peeled.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- The onions, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes Fry until translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili and paprika powder and fry for a further minute.
- Deglaze with the white wine and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. The liquid should evaporate.
- Add the saffron broth and tomatoes. Bring everything to a boil, turn the heat down to low and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fish, shrimp and squid to the broth. Simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Drizzle the fish soup with lemon juice and garnish with chopped herbs.
knife chopping board saucepan mixing spoon soup plate ladle