Spanakopita – Greek puff pastry pie with spinach and cheese
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
Spanakopita is a popular Greek dish. Usually the pie is prepared with filo pastry. In this recipe, however, the savory spinach pie is made with puff pastry. The puff pastry pie is very nutritious with feta, gouda and parmesan and tastes super delicious in combination with spinach.
Please review recipe:
- 250 g puff pastry, frozen
- 200 g spinach, frozen
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g feta cheese
- 100 g Gouda cheese
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Fry the onion in the olive oil in the pan.
- Add the frozen spinach, cover and cook until wilted.
- Mix in the crushed garlic, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Thaw the sheets of dough and Lay side by side.
- Pinch the edges together and roll out to the size of the cake tin.
- Put the dough into the tin and press down all the way round.
- Grate the cheeses (feta, gouda, parmesan).
- Lightly whisk the eggs and mix well with the milk.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Bake the puff pastry pie in a preheated oven at 200° C until golden brown.
Do not cut the finished puff pastry pie until it has cooled down, otherwise the filling will run out. The pastry tastes even better cold!