Soft Christmas cupcakes with speculoos and gingerbread spice
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
Very soft with speculoos, apple juice and buttermilk, topped with a pudding frosting . The are very tasty and aromatic.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 100 g sugar
- 80 g margarine
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 125 ml apple juice
- 150 g spiced speculoos, crushed
- 150 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/2 tsp orange paste
- 400-500 ml cold milk
- 100 g paradise cream, caramel or vanilla
- 2 tbsp mascarpone, optional
- cinnamon, for dusting
- 1-2 spiced speculoos, for garnish
- 10 g flaked almonds, toasted
- Stir sugar with margarine and orange paste until creamy.
- Stir in eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Mix in buttermilk and apple juice.
- Mix in speculoos with flour and baking powder.
- Add cinnamon and gingerbread spice.
- Stir everything to form a smooth dough .
- Place paper cups in the hollows of the muffin baking tin.
- Fill in the batter.
- Bake the Christmas muffins at 170 degrees for approx. 35 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down.
- Pour the cold milk into a bowl.
- Add the paradise cream and mix everything into a smooth custard cream.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of mascarpone, if you like.
- Fill the topping cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Squirt the frosting cream onto the Christmas muffins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon .
- Garnish the cupcakes with speculoos pieces.
- Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds and serve chilled.
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- muffin pan
- muffin cups
- kitchen brush