Soft apple turnovers made from yeast dough with cinnamon and vanilla
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 275 minutes
Soft, fluffy pastries with a delicious crust and a fragrant, fruity filling will sweeten any tea party. Soft apples make these apple turnovers made from yeast dough with cinnamon and vanilla a treat that no one can resist.
Please review recipe:
- 20 g yeast, fresh
- 120 g sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 600 g flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6-7 apples
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
Prepare the dough
- Crumble up the yeast and mix in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sugar, half the warm milk and 4 tablespoons of the flour.
- Cover the mixture with cling film.
- Let stand in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Eggs with Whisk together the salt, sugar and vanilla sugar with a whisk until smooth.
- Mix the yeast mixture with the egg mixture, melted butter and the other half of the milk.
- Gradually add the flour to the liquid ingredients.
- All until soft and light knead sticky yeast dough.
- Grease a bowl with oil.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place it in the bowl.
- Cover with a towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
- Knead the dough again, Cover with a towel and leave to rise for another 1-1½ hours.
Prepare the filling
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Met the butter in a pan.
- Add the sugar to the pan and caramelize for 1 minute .
- Stir in the apples and nd 5-6 minutes.
- Spice the fruit with the cinnamon.
- Place the filling in a sieve and leave to cool.
Prepare the apple turnovers
- Knead the dough and divide into 20-25 pieces.
- Each piece of dough with the Stretch by hand into a 3 to 4 mm thick patty.
- Place 1 tablespoon of apple filling in the center of each one.
- Pinch edges and press firmly together.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the apple pockets, seam side down, on the Place on a baking sheet.
- Cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 40-60 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a fork and brush over the apple turnovers.
- Bake the apple turnovers in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes.
- The apple turnovers are delicious both warm and cold.
Elstar, Gala or Braeburn are best suited for baking.
- cutting board
- baking sheet