Snowflake cookies with sparkling wine icing – shortcrust pastry cookies
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 112 minutes
The classic are baked in the shape of stars and snowflakes. The snow-white icing has a very special trick, it is made from powdered sugar and sparkling wine and enchants every banquet table in a dreamy winter mood.
Please review recipe:
- 220g butter, softened
- 105g brown sugar
- 335g flour + for sprinkling
- ½ tsp salt
- 225g sugar
- 60ml champagne
- hand mixer
- rolling pin
- cookie cutter
- kitchen brush
- Breed the softened butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes with a mixer on high.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until smooth.
- Cut the dough in half and shape into a ball or patty.
- Wrap in cling film and Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take a portion of the dough out of the fridge.
- Dust the work surface with flour and knead the dough into a 5 – Roll out 6 mm thick flatbread.
- Cut out cookies from the dough in the desired shape, such as snowflakes or stars, and place on a baking tray.
- Proceed in the same way with the second piece of dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown, then allow to cool completely .
- For the icing, slowly pour the champagne into the sugar and stir until smooth.
- Glitter the finished snowflake biscuits with the icing and leave to set.