Simple Spitzbuben cookies with jam and powdered sugar
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 52 minutes
The fruity sweet , which are also known under the name are the popular classic biscuits. Christmas cookies filled with jam that taste wonderfully tender and are simply addictive.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 225 g butter, softened
- 125 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 375 g flour
- 150 g jam
- icing sugar, to taste
- Hand mixer with dough hook
- Cling film
- Dough roller
- Scamp cutters
- For the shortcrust pastry, mix butter with sugar until fluffy and stir in the egg.
- Add the flour and knead the dough well with your hands.
- Form the shortcrust pastry into a ball and wrap in foil and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm and cut out Spitzbuben cookies with 2 or 3 different cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees until golden and leave to cool.
- Grip jam on one side of the Spitzbuben cookies and spread jam on another cookie has a hole/pattern in the middle, put it together.
- The Spitzbuben biscuits can be dusted with icing sugar if you like.