Simple pumpkin pie with shortcrust pastry, cream and cinnamon
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
This bright orange with shortcrust pastry and a delicious pumpkin filling is particularly popular in autumn. You can easily bake the juicy, sweet pumpkin pie and enjoy it in the autumn season.
Please review recipe:
- 400 g flour
- 200 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 500 g pumpkin
- 100 ml water
- 150 g sugar
- Vanilla sugar, to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Maizena Ginger, powdered sugar to taste, cinnamon to taste, cream to taste, to serve
Prepare the shortcrust pastry
- Crumble / rub the flour with the butter in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, water and a pinch of salt and work everything into a crumbly dough.
- Chill the shortcrust pastry in foil for about 30-40 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and place in a tart tin, press the edges together and prick the pastry lightly with a fork.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut open, remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
- Sugar and water in a saucepan bring to the boil.
- Add vanilla sugar, pumpkin and salt and cover and cook for about 10 -15 minutes until soft.
- Pure the pumpkin mixture finely and allow to cool.
- Mix the whipped cream with the eggs, add the cornstarch and grated ginger and mix well .
- Add the cream mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Spread the pumpkin filling over the prepared shortcrust pastry.
- Bake the pumpkin cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for approx. 45 minutes.
- Bake the cake in the oven with the door open for approx. Leave to cool for 30 minutes and remove.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin pie with powdered sugar and cinnamon before serving, or serve with whipped cream.
- cling film
- rolling pin
- cake tin
- hand blender