Simple pumpkin casserole with ricotta and cheese in the oven
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
The ruddy brown cheese crust and ricotta sauce are the secret to this casserole’s exceptional flavor. The intense pumpkin aroma will delight every pumpkin lover. This dish is just the thing for a cold, autumnal evening.
Please review recipe:
- 1 kg pumpkin
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 180-200 ml milk
- 150 g ricotta
- 100 g hard cheese
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into small to medium-sized pieces.
- Place the pumpkin in a casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then drizzle with oil and stir well.
- Squash at 180°C for about 30 minutes bake in the oven.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs with milk, ricotta and salt in a bowl.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven.
- Pour the ricotta mixture over the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle with the coarsely grated hard cheese.
- Put the casserole dish back in the oven.
- Bake the casserole for another 20 minutes.
- Take the pumpkin casserole out of the oven and serve hot.
- cutting board