Simple chicken fricassee with rice, carrots and mushrooms
Chicken fricassee is easy to prepare, the ingredients are simple and the result – delicious! The fricassee is made with chicken breast fillet, peas, carrots and mushrooms and is a classic family meal.
- 200 g chicken breast, or chicken meat
- 500 ml cooking liquid, or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp spice paste
- 130 g carrots
- 130 g mushrooms
- 100 g peas, frozen
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 100 ml cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and cook in the water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the carrots and cook in salted water for about 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Recover the cooking liquid, drain the meat through a sieve .
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them as you like.
- Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add 500 ml cooking liquid and spice paste and bring everything to the boil.
- Add the cream, chicken, peas, mushrooms and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flavour the chicken fricassee with lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve warm with the side dish.
Rice or potatoes go very well with chicken fricassee.
- Mixing spoon