Savory pie with chicken breast and corn
Portions: 5 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
A delicious and savory pie with chicken, corn, tomatoes and herbs. The Portuguese cuisine cake is easy to prepare and simply tastes incredibly good.
Please review recipe:
- 250-300 g chicken breast
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 240 ml tomato sauce
- 150 g corn, canned
- Coriander, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 12 tbsp flour
- 150ml vegetable oil 30g Parmesan cheese
- 350-400ml milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
Prepare the filling
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the meat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the meat.
- Another 3 – Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, corn, chopped cilantro, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. Simmer for a further 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Prepare the batter
- Using a food processor, process the eggs, flour, oil, finely grated cheese, milk, baking powder and salt into a batter.
- Mix half the batter into a Pour into a square baking tin.
- Spread the prepared filling on top and cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake the cake at 180 °C for approx. 40 – 45 minutes.
- cutting board
- square baking dish