Savory muffins with chicken
Portions: 3 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Muffins don’t always have to be sweet! This is a recipe for tasty and hearty muffins with fried chicken, onions and chili peppers. Combining these ingredients with the batter results in delicious, fluffy muffins that are ideal as a snack.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 3 chicken thighs
- 2 onions
- 2-3 sprigs spring onions
- 1 chili pepper
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- ⅓ tsp salt, + more to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon, organic
- 2-3 eggs
- 125 ml sour cream
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- cutting board
- frying pan
- flour sifter
- muffin cups
- Wash the chicken thighs, pat dry, fillet and cut the meat into small pieces.
- Chop the onions and spring onions into small pieces.
- Wash and deseed the chilli and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Onions , spring onions and chili and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Refill and let cool.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the same pan.
- Add the chicken and paprika powder.
- Season with salt and sauté for about 5 minutes .
- Then decant and allow to cool.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add ⅓ teaspoon of salt and mix.
- Wash the lemon, pat dry and grate about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest from the fruit.
- Then the lemon Cut through and squeeze out approx. 1 tablespoon of juice.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon and the vegetable oil and whisk together.
- Then add sour S Mix in the cream and natural yoghurt.
- Then add the egg and cream mixture to the flour mixture and stir.
- Finally, add the fried vegetables and meat and mix.
- Grease the muffin cases with vegetable oil and then spread the batter on top.
- Savory muffins Bake at 190° C in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes.
This portion makes about 6 pieces.