Savory Cauliflower Muffins with Sausage and Cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
Looking for extraordinary dishes? This simple and healthy snack is definitely one of them. The dough is quickly made with cauliflower, eggs, flour and herbs and pre-baked. Then the tomato sauce, sausages and cheese are added. The oven does the rest. And somehow these muffins are reminiscent of pizza, right?
Please review recipe:
- 1 cauliflower, approx. 350 g
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- basil, or other herbs to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 sausages, or smoked sausages, to taste
- 70-80g cheese
- 2-3 tbsp pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Crush the cauliflower in a blender.
- Chop the basil into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, eggs, flour, basil, garlic powder, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Grease muffin cases with vegetable oil.
- Into each muffin tin, place about 2 tablespoons of cauliflower batter; make a small indentation in the middle of each one.
- And pre-bake in the oven for approx. 25-30 minutes at 200° C.
- Cut the sausages into small slices.
- Grate the cheese on a grater.
- The pre-baked muffins with the Spread the pizza sauce.
- Put the sausages in the middle and sprinkle with cheese.
- Then bake in the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- cutting board
- muffin cups