Sausages in a dressing gown – perfect snack for in between
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 135 minutes
– every child knows this snack. With the soft, fluffy dough and a crispy crust, this pastry is simply perfect and will delight everyone.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk + 1 tablespoon for brushing
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 450g flour
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 10-15 sausages
- 1 tbsp sesame
- rolling pin
- cling film
- baking sheet
- In a bowl, mix 1 egg with warm milk, sugar, salt and yeast with a whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour to the liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Add the softened butter and mix into a Knead the dough until it is soft and smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball, place in a large bowl and cover with cling film.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, knead again and divide into 10 Divide up to 15 equal portions.
- Cover each piece with cling film, leave to rise for 10 minutes and then roll out into a long roll 15-20 mm wide.
- Wrap the rolls of dough around the sausages.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the Place sausages on top.
- Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the second egg with a tablespoon of milk with a fork until smooth.
- Spread the pieces of dough with the egg-milk mixture ichen.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if you like.
- Bake the sausages in the dressing gown in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden.