Sauerkraut soup with chicken, potatoes and paprika
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
In this recipe, the sauerkraut soup is prepared with chicken, potatoes and peppers. The special thing about this recipe is that the chicken is first cooked, then separated from the bones and then stewed with onions, peppers, tomato paste and chicken seasoning salt. The soup tastes slightly sour, is hearty and incredibly delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 3-4 l water
- 300 g chicken meat
- 300 g potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 paprika
- 300 g sauerkraut
- 3 tbsp oil
- 50-100 g tomato paste
- chicken seasoning salt, to taste
- 2-3 bay leaves
- salt, to taste
- dill, fresh, to taste
- parsley, fresh, to taste
- sour cream, or mayonnaise, to taste
- kitchen scales
- vegetable peeler
- cutting board
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- soup tureen
- Rinse the chicken, place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Skim off the foam with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the meat for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile Peel the potatoes and onions, clean the peppers.
- Dice the potatoes, cut the onions into half rings and thinly slice the peppers.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan.
- Let it cool on a plate.
- Place the sauerkraut and the potatoes in the saucepan and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bones and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Sauté the onions in it for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- The meat, peppers, Add the tomato paste and chicken seasoning salt.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste turns dark orange.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the saucepan.
- Add the bay leaves and salt.
- Simmer the soup over a low heat for about 1 hour. Simmer for 5 minutes n.
- Wash the dill, parsley or chives, shake dry and chop finely.
- Remove the sauerkraut soup from the heat.
- Add the chopped herbs to the soup.
- Cover the saucepan and let the soup cook for about 10-15 minutes Let steep.
- Pour the finished sauerkraut soup into a soup tureen.
- Serve with sour cream or mayonnaise.