Russian layered salad with potatoes, eggs and carrots
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
This is a great Russian recipe for a rich layered salad with assorted vegetables. The cooked vegetables are grated and served in layers with chicken breast and cheese as a salad. The garlic in the salad cream and parsley give the layered salad a piquant and aromatic note.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 100g cheese, grated
- 4-6 eggs
- 3 carrots, cooked
- 2 beetroot, cooked
- 3 potato, cooked
- 300g chicken breast, cooked/fried
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- mayonnaise, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- Springform pan or cake ring
- Garlic press
- Large flat plate
- Line a bowl or springform pan with cling film.
- The meat is the bottom layer. ( When the salad tart is finished layering, turn it out onto a plate and the meat becomes the top layer )
- Press garlic through a garlic press and mix with mayonnaise.
- Layer: diced chicken breast meat.
- Layer: grated cheese and Mayonnaise again.
- Layer: grated eggs, mayonnaise.
- Layer: grated carrots, mayonnaise.
- Layer: grated beets, mayonnaise.
- Repeat the layers if necessary.
- Let the salad soak for a few hours and Turn out onto a large flat plate.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Cut the layered lettuce into tart pieces and serve with a cake server.