Roast rabbit with juniper berries and onions
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Roast rabbit marinated in yoghurt turns out very tender and makes a great holiday meal. The meat is first placed in the yoghurt marinade, then seared and finally baked in the oven with onions and juniper berries.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 2 kg rabbit meat, in parts
- 1 kg yoghurt
- 100 g bacon, smoked
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- bay leaf, optional
- black pepper, to taste
- salt , to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- meat tongs
- cutting board
- Mix a marinade of yoghurt and some vinegar and water.
- Leave the rabbit in the marinade overnight.
- Rub the rabbit parts with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon in a roasting pan with oil.
- After that Place the meat on a baking sheet or leave it in an ovenproof roasting dish.
- Bake the rabbit in the oven until browned.
- Then smear with sour cream, mix with rosemary.
- Cut the onions and carrots into slices and add to the meat with the juniper berries.
- Bake in the oven for another 50 minutes.