Roast pork with oranges and garlic in the oven
Portions: 15 persons | Preparation: 280 minutes
A real, juicy roast pork with a perfect crust and a wonderful citrus aroma. Roast pork is an integral part of German Sunday cooking, as it is in Austria. With garlic, honey and oranges, it is a culinary, delicious meat dish.
Please review recipe:
- 2 kg pork
- 5 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 l vegetable stock
- 1 handful of rosemary
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the pork.
- Squeeze out 2 cloves of garlic, 3 oranges and 1 lemon.
- Mix everything together to form a marinade.
- Leave the meat to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- The Dab the meat, season with salt and pepper (do not discard the marinade sauce).
- Press 3 more cloves of garlic, mix with the finely chopped rosemary and the honey.
- Spread over the meat and roast in the oven for approx. 1 hour.
- Then close add the marinade, vegetable broth, 2 oranges cut into pieces and fry for a further 1 hour.
- Serve the roast pork with potato dumplings and sauerkraut.
- citrus press