Roast pork in the oven with herbs and garlic
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 190 minutes
Nobody can resist a really juicy roast pork at Easter. A feast is needed for the holidays! This roast pork recipe is rubbed with garlic, herbs and spices, seared and oven braised. Served with potatoes or dumplings, the roast pork is a real treat!
Please review recipe:
- 1.5 kg pork shoulder, boned
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- oil, to taste
- 400 ml broth
- 1 clove garlic
- rosemary, to taste
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Use a sharp knife to cut rhombuses into the pork rind.
- Peel the garlic, press it and rub it into the meat.
- Salt and pepper and sprinkle with cumin.
- Heat the oil in a roasting pan.
- The Fry the meat on all sides, starting with the rind, until golden brown.
- Pour the broth over the roasting pan and let the roast pork stew in the oven at 140 degrees for 3 hours.
- During the cooking time, pour the broth over the meat again and again.
- 30 minutes for At the end of the cooking time, place the rosemary in the roasting pan and set the oven to 200 degrees.
- Met the butter in a pan and stir in the brown sugar.
- Take the roasting pan out of the oven.
- Grush the rind of the roast pork with the butter mixture and bake the roast pork in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the rind is crispy.
Potatoes, dumplings or spaetzle serve with the roast pork.
- garlic press
- kitchen brush