Roast chicken with cranberries and pistachios from the oven
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 120 minutes
With a golden crust and a berry and nut filling, this delicious one looks great on a festive table or is an ideal lunch for the whole family!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 1 onion, small
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 g pistachios, unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g cranberries, dried
- ⅓ bunch parsley
- 2 eggs
- 120 g breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1.5 kg roast chicken
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Chop the pistachios.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, pistachios and cranberries.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft … mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Stuff the roast chicken with the prepared mixture.
- Secure the hole with toothpicks and tie the legs tightly with kitchen twine.
- Rub the chicken on all sides with the remaining oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 70-80 minutes.
- Cover the finished roast chicken with aluminum foil and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- cutting board