Rich pumpkin juice with apple juice, water and citric acid
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
A thick, rich and healthy drink made from pumpkin and apple. The pumpkin is processed with apples and tastes particularly delicious in autumn and winter.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1-1¹⁄₂ l water
- 500 g apples
- 150 g sugar
- ¹⁄₂ tsp citric acid
- hand blender
- mixing spoon
- Slice the squash and place in a saucepan.
- Pour 150-200ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Peel and slice the apples and add to the squash in the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Pure the pumpkin mixture with a hand blender.
- Pour in hot water until the desired juice consistency is achieved.
- Add the sugar and citric acid and stir.
- Boil down the pumpkin juice for a further 10 minutes, removing the foam .
- Scoop the pumpkin juice into clean mason jars and roll up.
- Let the pumpkin juice cool and store in a cool, dark place.