Rich layered salad with fish, eggs and vegetables
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 125 minutes
The layered salad with fish and cooked vegetables is wonderfully complemented by eggs and butter. A very tasty and rich salad that can be served with bread.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 240g mackerel, or canned tuna
- 60g butter, frozen
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 2-4 sprigs of parsley
- cutting board
- Cook potatoes and carrots for 25-30 minutes, eggs for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and peel.
- Cut onion into fine cubes.
- Mash the fish with a fork.
- To get a mild flavor from the onions, you can pour boiling water over them and then rinse them under cold water.
- Grate the potatoes, carrots and egg whites on a coarse grater.
- Layer the fish, onions, potatoes, carrots, coarsely grated butter and egg whites in layers in a salad bowl.
- After each ingredient, except the carrots, add the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the grated egg yolk on top.
- Place the finished salad in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Place the butter in the freezer an hour before assembling the salad.