Rich bean soup with mung beans, carrots, celery and tomatoes
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Thick, rich, velvety and very fragrant, this one will please everyone. The mung beans give the dish a wonderful aroma. With celery and fresh herbs, the soup has a delicious taste and will keep you full for a long time.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 200 g mung beans
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 600 g tomatoes, in their own juice
- 2500 ml vegetable stock
- salt, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Lemon juice, to taste
- ½ bunch of parsley
- cutting board
- Rinse the mung beans and soak in cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Then place in a saucepan and cook for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Strain the mung beans and set aside.
- Peel the onion and carrots.
- Onion, Cut the leeks, carrots and celery into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onions for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the remaining vegetables and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes in their own juices and the broth to the saucepan.
- Add the mung beans, salt and spices.
- Cook the bean soup, covered, over a low heat for 25-35 minutes.
- Finish with Season with lemon juice and chopped parsley.