Rice pudding with apples, vanilla and cinnamon
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
The milk rice casserole tastes great whether as a sweet main course or as a dessert. With apples, vanilla and cinnamon, it’s a great alternative to a regular breakfast.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 140 g rice
- 400 ml milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 apples
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-4 tbsp sour cream
- cinnamon, for Serve
- Rinse the rice in the water.
- Boil the milk and add the washed rice while stirring.
- Add the salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Boil until soft while stirring.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the cores and cut into wedges .
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Smooth the rice pudding in a buttered casserole dish.
- Spread the sour cream on top.
- Press the apples into the rice and put a generous knob of butter in the middle .
- Sprinkle with a few lemon squeezes and put in the oven.
- Bake the rice pudding for about 15 minutes and serve warm with cinnamon.
- Casserole dish
- Cutting board