Refreshing quark cake with oranges, kiwi and almond base
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 160 minutes
Fresher with kiwi and an almond base that is prepared without baking. The filling of quark and icing sugar is flavored with orange and the cake tastes very refreshing and invigorating.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 70 g almonds
- 80 g dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 250 g quark
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 orange
- 4-5 kiwifruit
- berries, optional
- wooden spatula
- stand mixer
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- springform pan
- cutting board
- Roast the almonds in a dry pan.
- In a blender, grind to a fine almond paste.
- Add the dates and peanut butter to the almonds.
- Mix everything together until you have a firm dough.
- When the dough is crumbly, add some juice, milk or more peanut butter.
- Spread the batter into a springform pan, lifting up a rim.
- Refrigerate the springform pan for at least 1 hour.
- Peel the orange, in a stand mixer chop and pass through a sieve.
- Mix the quark with powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the orange puree and stir again.
- Spread the quark mixture over the cooled base.
- Put the quark cake back in the fridge.
- Peel the kiwi , halve lengthways and slice thinly.
- Roll up the kiwi slices so they look like roses.
- Top the quark cake with kiwi roses and berries as desired.