Red Velvet roll with cream cheese creme
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 75 minutes
A classic American cake with a delicate vanilla cream is baked here as a roll. The result is a simple, but very festive dessert. Mix the ingredients for the dough together, bake a red cake base and then spread with a delicious cream cheese spread. Then let it cool down in the fridge for a while and this beautiful Red Velvet roll is ready to be served.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 120g flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar, 9%
- 2 tbsp food coloring
- 350 g cream cheese
- 150 g butter
- 300 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes, to taste, optional
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- cling film
Prepare the dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease with a teaspoon of butter.
- Sprinkle a thin cloth kitchen towel with icing sugar.
- Sieve the flour, mix with the cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk well.
- Give the dry ingredients little by little to the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the dough until until homogeneous.
- Pour in the vinegar and stir.
- Dye the dough with red food coloring and stir again.
- Pour the red dough onto the baking sheet and flatten it with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for about 15-17 minutes until it is done.
- Cut off the edges of the cake, turn it out onto the towel and remove the baking paper.
- Roll up the cake at the narrow end with the towel and leave to cool completely.
Prepare the cream
- Fresh cheese and butter in the mixing bowl m Whisk with mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- Continue beating, gradually adding powdered sugar to the mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Create any leftover cake into crumbs.
- Carefully roll out the cooled cake and set aside of the cream.
- Then roll it up again.
- Gap the outside of the roll with the cream and sprinkle with the crumbs.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Red Velvet roll from the fridge, after Sprinkle with coconut flakes if you like and serve as dessert.