Red cookies with cocoa and chocolate icing for Valentine’s Day
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
These red biscuits with vanilla, cocoa and chocolate icing are of particular interest to people who love classic American cakes Red Velvet. Soft, tender and delicious, these cookies are a great idea for any occasion, especially Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 190g flour
- 4 tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp food coloring, red
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 50 g milk chocolate
- sugar sprinkles, to taste
- cling film
- baking tray
- baking paper
- Sieve the flour, mix with the cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and both types of sugar in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the egg, food coloring, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the butter and mix again.
- Dry ingredients Add.
- Mix the dough until it is smooth.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dough in Divide into 20-25 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a ball and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscuits for about 10-12 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- Chocolate in the microwave or on a bain-marie to melt bring.
- Dip half of each biscuit in the chocolate.
- Decorate biscuits with sprinkles and give away for Valentine’s Day.