Quick sauerkraut quiche with eggs, onions and bacon
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
Wonderfully delicious sauerkraut made from a cheese dough with eggs and bacon filling. This quiche is quick to prepare and can be served warm or cold.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- 150 g butter
- 125 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oil
- 6-7 eggs
- 100 g bacon
- 1 onion
- 250 g sauerkraut
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 240 ml cream
- Cheese grater
- Food processor
- Dough roller
- Baking dish
- Egg cooker
- Sauté pan
- Mixing spoon
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
- In a food processor, mix the cooled butter with flour.․
- Add the egg and pinch of salt.
- Knead into a dough.
- On a floured surface Form into a ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in foil and put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and wrap it loosely around the rolling pin.
- Roll out the roll over the tin, place the dough in the Divide the mold and press down the edge.
- Bake the pastry base for 10 minutes at 180°C and leave to cool.
- Boil 4 eggs hard, leave to cool and cut in half, alternatively the eggs can be chopped and mixed with cabbage.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the bacon cubes for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the liquid from the sauerkraut and add to the pan.
- With Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool and add the chopped herbs.
- Spread the filling over the pre-baked pastry base.
- Put the halves of the boiled eggs on top.
- Whisk the remaining eggs with the cream, a little salt and pepper.
- Spread the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake the sauerkraut quiche for 35 minutes at 180 ° C.