Quick muffins made from a batter with oranges
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Muffins with oranges taste juicy, sweet and, thanks to the light citrus note, refreshingly light and fruity. The muffins are made from a simple batter with buttermilk and oil and wonderfully flavored with orange zest – a sweet highlight just for the afternoon or for the weekend.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 2 oranges
- 260 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 150 g brown sugar
- 250 g buttermilk
- 100 ml oil
- hand mixer
- muffin pan
- Zest an orange.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and orange zest.
- Peel the oranges and cut into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
- Sugar, buttermilk, oil, and the Add the orange pieces and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at approx. 180 degrees for approx. 25 minutes until golden.
Lemons, blueberries or raspberries can also be added to the dough instead of oranges.