Pumpkin rice with carrot juice for Halloween
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
The rice gets a great color from the carrot juice. Serving in the form of pumpkins makes the rice appetizer perfect for a.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 200 g sushi rice
- 1 orange
- 300 ml carrot juice
- 50-70 ml water
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1-2 olives, for garnish
- Herbs, for garnish
- citrus press
- Rinse the rice under cold water and place in a saucepan.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the orange.
- Pour the orange juice, carrot juice and water over the rice.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with cumin.
- Bring everything to the boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the rice to cool completely.
- Form the rice mixture into 16 balls, shaping each ball into a pumpkin shape.
- Cut the olives into small pieces and use them to decorate the eyes and mouth of the pumpkins.
- Garnish the rice pumpkins with herb stalks and green leaves.