Puff pastry pockets filled with cherries and cinnamon
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Puff pastry pockets with cherries taste super crispy and are very juicy and aromatic thanks to the cherries. The pastry is quick to make and impresses both in terms of taste and appearance.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 1 p. Puff pastry, 450 g frozen
- 1 glass cherries, approx. 350 g
- 1/2 lemon, optional
- cinnamon, optional
- 1 p. Custard powder
- 1 egg
- kitchen brush
- Thaw the puff pastry squares.
- For the diamond shape, cut a frame about 1 cm thick into each square, but leave it attached to the rest of the square at 2 opposite corners.
- 2 corners of the frame to the opposite corner Fold over and the diamond shape is ready!
- Drain the cherries in a sieve and mix the cherry juice with 2 tablespoons of custard powder.
- Mix the remaining custard powder with the cherries. Add lemon zest and cinnamon if you like. Mix everything together.
- Fill the puff pastry diamonds with the cherries. Brush the puff pastry frame with beaten egg.
- Bake the puff pastry pockets in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
The cooled cherry bags can be sprinkled with a frosting made from 4 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Or dust with some icing sugar.