Puff pastry cake with Giotto and milk cream
A fine cake with crispy puff pastry and a sweet milk cream. The preparation takes a lot of time but the result can be seen and tasted. Decorated with Giotto chocolates, the puff pastry cake tastes simply delicious.
- 300 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 620 g flour
- 1 l milk
- 400 g sugar
- 2 pack vanilla sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 g flour
- 1 pack of Giotto balls
Prepare the dough
- Pour the lemon juice into the cold water.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy and stir in the lemon water and salt.
- Sieve the flour onto the work surface.
- Spread the cold, diced butter over it.
- Flour and butter with a knife chop.
- Make a well in the mixture and pour in the egg mixture.
- Process the whole thing into a dough.
- Part the dough into 10-12 pieces and form into balls.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the Put in the fridge.
- Then roll out each ball thinly on a piece of baking paper.
- Cut out or punch out a circle with a diameter of approx. 24-26 cm.
- Prick the circle several times with a fork.
- The baking paper with the circle and place the trimmings on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
Prepare the cream
- Bring the milk to the boil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Hot milk in the eggs Pour the icing and stir.
- Cook the cream mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Crush the Giotto balls and add to the cream.
- Stir everything well.
Assemble the cake
- Put a cooled base into a Lay out the mold and spread with the cooled cream.
- Place the second base on top and spread with the cream again. Prepare all other bases in the same way.
- Grease the edges of the cake and the top with cream as well.
- Decorate the cake with Giotto balls.
- Put the cake in the fridge for 6-8 hours to set.
- hand mixer with dough hook
- baking paper
- cake tin
- cling film