Pomegranate salad with beetroot and potatoes
This salad looks really great. It’s just the thing for a festive menu. Since there is no meat in this pomegranate salad with beetroot and potatoes, the starter is also wonderfully suitable for vegetarians. Quite easy to prepare, the result is all the more impressive. Vegetables only have to be boiled and grated, then arranged in layers and covered with pomegranate seeds, the salad is incredibly tasty and delicious.
- 3-5 potatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 2-3 beets
- 3 eggs
- 150 g cheese
- 2 pomegranates
- mayonnaise, to taste
- Place the vegetables and eggs in a large saucepan, pour water over them and bring to the boil.
- Cook the potatoes and carrots until tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on their size.
- Then remove and let cool.
- Prepare the beetroot for about 2 hours and the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel the whole thing.
- Roughly grate the vegetables, eggs and cheese separately.
- Cut the pomegranates open and remove the seeds.
- Prepare a plate, place a glass in the centre.
- Place a layer of potatoes evenly around the glass, spread with mayonnaise.
- Next arrange the layers of grated carrots, eggs, cheese, beetroot.
- Cover each layer with mayonnaise .
- Plant the top and sides of the finished salad with pomegranate seeds.
- Then carefully remove the glass.
- Keep the pomegranate salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
Alternatively, already cooked beets can be used.