Pizza with zucchini base and mozzarella | Low carb recipes
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
With a zucchini base, this pizza is a real treat. The low carb pizza tastes wonderfully delicious and is super easy to prepare. The zucchini is grated and melted with cheese in the oven to form a delicious zucchini base.
Please review recipe:
- 300 g courgettes
- 1 egg
- 150 g grated mozzarella
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 5 tbsp tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- basil, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and grate the courgettes and place in a colander.
- Mix with a pinch of salt and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the courgettes firmly. Mix the shredded zucchini with the egg and 50 g each of mozzarella and parmesan and mix into a dough.
- Form the zucchini dough on the baking tray into a pizza crust that is as thin and round as possible and press down firmly.
- Approx. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the pizza base, spread with the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil and serve cut into pieces.