Pizza snails with ham and peppers made from yeast dough
Pizza snails are a perfect party food. The yeast dough does not have to rise in this recipe and is processed quickly. Pizza snails with peppers, ham and cheese are hearty and delicious and can be served hot or cold.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 5 votes )
- 20 g yeast
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g spelled flour
- 1 pack baking powder
- 1 egg
- 100 ml oil
- 100 g ham
- 1/2 red peppers
- Herbs de Provence, to taste
- 1 packet of tomato passata
- 50 g cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in lukewarm milk.
- Mix the oil, egg, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dissolved yeast and knead in the food processor for 5 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and Roll out.
- Spread the tomato passata over the dough, sprinkle with herbs de Provence.
- Distribute the diced ham and paprika evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and wrap the dough starting from one edge.
- Cut the roll into several strips and place the snails on the baking tray.
- Bake the pizza snails in the oven at 180-200 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.
- food processor
- rolling pin
- kitchen brush
- cutting board